Family
Happiness Is Together Forever
Sunday, August 1, 2010
first fasting(attempt)
This happened in April. I made lunch one day. I made takikomi gohan (Japanese rice pilaf) and hijiki (kelp). Benjamin and Daniel tasted them and they said they did not like them. I told them that's what they were eating and they would go without food otherwise. To my surprise, they said, "Well, I wanted to fast today, anyways. I am going to fast, Mommy!" So I told them that's fine and reminded them that they needed to pay fast offering. They were more than willing to pay. Here is picture of Daniel, holding the envelope with his fast offering money in it.
This is Daniel around dinner time. Both him and Benjamin could not go without any drink or food any longer.
Ben had a talk with them. He told the boys that he was proud of them for wanting to fast. He also talked to them about fasting with right purpose, instead of trying to avoid food that they dislike. After that, Benjamin and Daniel did not complain at all about what they could eat that night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment