Family

Family
Happiness Is Together Forever

Sunday, September 6, 2009

last week's update

Well, we tried  something new this week.  Right before my mother left, she made home made Japanese noodles for me (because that's absolutely my favorite).  It was soooo good, that I wanted to eat more.  So I got everybody help me make this noodle for the first time.  It takes a lot of hard work, but it taste so yummy.  Our first try was good.  The noodles were a little bit firm.  My mom made it much better, but still this was good.  The boys love this noodle.


先週は、いろんなことに挑戦しました。まず、うどん作りです。うちの母が日本に帰る前に私のために(大の好物なので)手打ちうどんをつくってくれました。それがとってもおいしかったので、もっとたべたくなり、じぶんたちでやってみました。初めてにしては上出来かな?ちょっと麺が固かったけれど。やはり家の母にはかないません。でも子供たちはおいしいといって食べてくれたのでよかったです。
 
  


Next we made clay tablets!  This year Benjamin started learning world history.  We are learning about ancient civilizations.  When we learned about ancient writings, we decided to make tablets for fun.  This is curved in Cuneiform, obviously.  Benjamin tried, but he wanted me to do it, so I ended up doing for all the kids.  The heart tablet says "I love you, Ben" (from me!).  All the other ones have kids' names on them.  The car is Caleb's, the little fish is  Daniel's, the shark is Samuel's and the big fish is Benjamin's name.


次に作ってみたのが、この粘土板。今年ベンジャミンは世界史を勉強しはじめました。今は古代文明を学んでいます。古代文字について学んだときに、粘土に実際に文字を書いてみることにしました。最初はベンジャミンもやってみようとしてたのですが、どちらかと言えば私につくってほしかったみたいなので、結局私が全部つくりました。楔形文字で、ハート型のには、”愛してるよ、ベン”(私からベンへのメッセージ、もちろんベンは読めませんでした)。 ほかのには子供たち一人一人の名前が彫られています。車のはケイラブ、小さい魚はダニエル、サメはサミュエル、大魚はベンジャミンの名前をそれぞれ彫りました。



 
Look what we found out in the yard.  It was only about two inches long, but after a little research we found out that this species is part of a family of scorpions that are found to have the most dangerous species.  Not sure what species this one was for sure, but none the less it wasn't alive for very long. 



見て、見て!これすごいよ!庭で見つけたんだよ。ただ5センチのちっちゃいさそりだったけど、ちょっと調べたらこの種類のさそりはとっても危ない類に属するみたいでした。こわ~!


No comments: