Family

Family
Happiness Is Together Forever

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Before bed time (寝る前に。。)

We have a new bed-time routine since this week!
(we got this idea from Tiffany! Thanks Tiffany!)

After we all got in pajamas and brushed teeth, we read scripture story and say our family prayer.
This is the same as last time. After that, we put each child to bed at different time, the youngest first and the oldest last. We sit down with each boy and read a book to him, talk a little bit, and say a prayer again. This works great for our family of 4 kids! They all like that they have their individual time. Another good thing about this method is that by the time we put a child down to bed, the other one is already asleep. (before, they went to bed at the same time so they had fun together!)

To me, bed time was a nightmare for a long time. Now, spending individual time with each boy is something that I really look forward to. I get to know each child better. It's so funny that Samuel asks me to read "Where's Waldo?" every single night! I memorize almost everything in that book! Daniel likes me to read "Dora & Diego" books. He shouts really loud when the book asks him to say things like " say "Click!"" Benjamin likes me to read eye-witness books, especially dinosaurs, but he also likes to help me clean up the house and fold laundry(which is great!) I still struggle sometimes, but I really enjoy individual time with kids!

子供たちをちゃんと寝させるために、今週から新しい方法を試みています。(これは友人のティファニーに教わりました)
以前のように皆で聖典のお話を読むのと、家族の祈りはそのままです。そのあとは、年齢の若い順にベッドにねかせることにしています。でもただ寝かせるのではなくて、寝る前にその子だけとの時間をとってます。普段は好きな絵本をよんであげます、そしてお話したり、また寝る前には個人のお祈りを一緒にします。この方法だと、一対一の時間がとれるし、また皆寝る時間がずれているので、(皆遊ぼうとしないので)すんなり寝てくれます。

前までは子供たちを寝かせるのは悪夢にもちかかったのですが、今は子供たち一人一人とすごせる時間が楽しみになっています。サミュエルは毎日、”ウォーリーを探せ!”を読んでといいます。もう毎日読んでるので、どこになにがあるか覚えてしまいました。ダニエルはドラとディエゴの絵本が好きで、よく大声でスペイン語で叫んでいます。ベンジャミンは図鑑とかが好きで、特に恐竜のを読んであげます。でも、どっちかというとベンジャミンは家事のお手伝いをしたいようで、今夜も豆を水につけたり、洗濯ものをたたんでくれました。毎日がうまくいくわけではないけれど、こどもたち一人一人との時間は本当に楽しみです。

No comments: