
Part of homeschooling lessons, we've been learning about magnetism. On Friday, we learned about earth's magnet and about a compass.
To teach kids how to use a compass and also to have fun with it, we decided to do a treasure hunt! I went outside to hide the treasure while Ben was giving the boys instructions on how to use compasses. On a piece of blank paper, I wrote the directions to the treasure. It said something like, "take ten steps to the South West." Because using foot steps can be very tricky, I decided to include tasks that they had to accomplish along the way. For example, they had to smell a flower (we have few flowers in our yard, its' very boring I know), measure the depth of the water that was in the wagon, etc. The final clue said that the treasure was inside of the turtle's house. Benjamin immediately flipped over the turtle shell- shaped sandbox cover and found it! He looked very excited to find the treasure! By the way, Daniel gave up when he found the wagon-full of water. Samuel wanted to just enjoy being outside!
ホームスクールの一環で、最近は磁石について一緒に学んでいます。金曜日には、地球自体が磁石でもあること、またそれに伴ってコンパスの使い方を学びました。子供たちに磁石の使い方を教えるために、また楽しめるように、コンパスを使った宝探しをすることにしました。ベンが中で子供たちに磁石の使い方を教えている間に、わたしはこっそりと外に出てお宝を隠しました(宝といっても、金平糖です。)紙に宝までの道順を書きました。"南西に十歩すすむ”と、そんな感じです。でも歩幅は個人差があってずれるとおもったので、それを防ぐために宝をみつけるまでにしなくてはならないことを含めることにしました。たとえば、近くに咲いている花のにおいをかいでみよう、(うちの庭には花はほとんど咲いていません、ちょっとさみしいけど)とか、ワゴンに入ってる雨水の深さを測りなさいとか、そういった具合に。そうするとずれずにちゃんと順調に宝の隠し場所の近くまでベンジャミンがきました。(ダニエルは、ワゴンの水を見たとたん、脱退しました)最後のヒントは"宝は亀のお家のなかにある”でした。ベンジャミンはすぐに近くにあった亀の甲羅の形をした砂場の蓋をひっくりかえしてお宝を発見しました!かなりうれしそうな顔してたので、こっちもうれしくなりました。ところでサミュエルは外に出れたのがうれしかったみたいで、宝探しどころではなかったようです。
To teach kids how to use a compass and also to have fun with it, we decided to do a treasure hunt! I went outside to hide the treasure while Ben was giving the boys instructions on how to use compasses. On a piece of blank paper, I wrote the directions to the treasure. It said something like, "take ten steps to the South West." Because using foot steps can be very tricky, I decided to include tasks that they had to accomplish along the way. For example, they had to smell a flower (we have few flowers in our yard, its' very boring I know), measure the depth of the water that was in the wagon, etc. The final clue said that the treasure was inside of the turtle's house. Benjamin immediately flipped over the turtle shell- shaped sandbox cover and found it! He looked very excited to find the treasure! By the way, Daniel gave up when he found the wagon-full of water. Samuel wanted to just enjoy being outside!
ホームスクールの一環で、最近は磁石について一緒に学んでいます。金曜日には、地球自体が磁石でもあること、またそれに伴ってコンパスの使い方を学びました。子供たちに磁石の使い方を教えるために、また楽しめるように、コンパスを使った宝探しをすることにしました。ベンが中で子供たちに磁石の使い方を教えている間に、わたしはこっそりと外に出てお宝を隠しました(宝といっても、金平糖です。)紙に宝までの道順を書きました。"南西に十歩すすむ”と、そんな感じです。でも歩幅は個人差があってずれるとおもったので、それを防ぐために宝をみつけるまでにしなくてはならないことを含めることにしました。たとえば、近くに咲いている花のにおいをかいでみよう、(うちの庭には花はほとんど咲いていません、ちょっとさみしいけど)とか、ワゴンに入ってる雨水の深さを測りなさいとか、そういった具合に。そうするとずれずにちゃんと順調に宝の隠し場所の近くまでベンジャミンがきました。(ダニエルは、ワゴンの水を見たとたん、脱退しました)最後のヒントは"宝は亀のお家のなかにある”でした。ベンジャミンはすぐに近くにあった亀の甲羅の形をした砂場の蓋をひっくりかえしてお宝を発見しました!かなりうれしそうな顔してたので、こっちもうれしくなりました。ところでサミュエルは外に出れたのがうれしかったみたいで、宝探しどころではなかったようです。

2 comments:
Hi Akari,
I did not know you are in Georgia. We live in Valdosta, GA. But, we are moving back to Missouri in May.
Really???? I wish we knew sooner that you were in GA! maybe we could still get together?
Post a Comment