Family

Family
Happiness Is Together Forever

Friday, October 9, 2009

new hobby?




This happened before we left for our vacation.  When I was fixing the boys' dress pants, (I wanted to have the boys wear them for the wedding that we were going to attend during the trip) Benjamin came and was very curious about sewing machine.  He kept asking me that he wanted to make something out of fabric, so I thought about teaching him how to sew.  So I taught him the very basic, and he made a bag and a ball thing.  The ball (it's not really a ball) thing that is on the picture is Daniel's.  He later joined Benjamin and started sewing.  I was very happy that the boys wanted to sew and they actually did it.  It was also very interesting for me to look at the finished products and see the difference between the two boys.  Benjamin's stitch was very wide and got wider and wider as he got close to the end.  Daniel's was very small and all the stitches were close together.

これは私たちが旅行に行く前の出来事です。 リノでベンのいとこの結婚式に参加することになっていたので、そのための子供たちのズボンを繕っていたときのことでした。ベンジャミンがやってきて、どうやらミシンに興味深々。何か布でつくりたいとせがまれたので、それでは縫い物の基本を教えてみようと、手縫いの基本を教えてみました。すると、結構集中してやって、自分でボール(みたいなもの)と袋を作ることができました。右のボール(と呼んでいるけれどボールではない)は実はダニエルが作ったもの。二人ともちゃんとできて、また縫い物をしたがったということがとてもうれしかったです。また二人が縫ったものを見比べると、二人の性格の違いがよく現れていました。ベンジャミンのは、縫い目がかなり大きくて幅もひろく、終わりに近づくほどだんだん幅も広がっていました。ダニエルのは、最初から最後まで細かく、幅もきっちり、まっすぐに縫っていて、こっちも頭が下がるほどでした。そういうのもおもしろいなと楽しませてもらいました。

No comments: