Family

Family
Happiness Is Together Forever

Monday, October 12, 2009

R.I.P. Miss Hammy




One of our hamsters, Miss Hammy past away two days ago.  We had her about two years, so it was her time.  She was very active hamster and it was so much fun watching her.  We miss her.
It was interesting how we found her dead.  Two nights ago, before Ben and I went to bed, we remembered to feed our hamsters ( we only feed them every couple of days).  While Ben was taking care of them, I told him that I had a dream the night before that Miss Hammy died. Ben said to me soon after I told him about the dream, "Wait.... Miss Hammy IS dead!"  I thought Ben was joking me, but I figured it out soon that he was right.  Okay, so I don't usually dream about something that IS going to happen.  But if I didn't have that dream, I might not have remembered to check on hamsters.  Anyways, next morning, we buried her and did a little funeral service for her.  I asked my boys what hymn they wanted to sing for her.  They weren't sure why they had to sing, but they picked " Jesus wants me for a sunbeam."  I thought this song was kind of too happy for funeral, but I let them sing it because that's what they wanted to sing for her.  So, we did, and the boys jumped along with "Sun- Beam!!!"  I hope Miss Hammy liked it.




二日前のことになりますが、ペットのハムスター、"ミス ハミー” が亡くなりました。もう二年くらい飼っていたので、寿命でした。彼女はとっても活発なハムスターだったのでみていて楽しかったです。かわいそうに。それにしても、死んでいたのがわかったのはちょっと意外な偶然!?からでした。その晩、寝る前にえさをやろうと二匹のハムスターたちに餌をあげました。ベンがハムスターをチェックしてるときに、私が"そういえば昨日の夜、ミス ハミーが死んじゃう夢見たんだよねー”とベンに話していました。そしたらそのちょっとあとにベンが、"ちょっと待ってよ!本当にミス ハミー死んでるよ!" といったので、なんかの冗談かと思ったのですが、本当でした。私は正夢を見ることはめったにないのですが、何たる偶然。でも、夢を見なかったら、その日に餌をあげてチェックするのを忘れてたかもしれないので、偶然でもなかったのかな?そして次の日の朝に埋葬して、ちょこっとしたお葬式をしました。子供たちに、どの賛美歌を歌いたい?ときくと、何で歌うの?とか言ってましたが、結局、子供のための歌集の中の"光となるように"を選びました。ちょっとお葬式には楽しすぎる歌かなあとおもいましたが、子供たちが歌いたかったのだからそれに決めました。みんなで、ちゃんと、'ひかーり! ひかーり!”の部分、ジャンプしていました。ミス ハミー喜んでくれてたらいいな。

No comments: