Family

Family
Happiness Is Together Forever

Thursday, January 21, 2010

coop day



Starting January, we started going to homeschooling coop every week.  Our boys go to P.E. and science classes there with other children who are home schooled. We like it a lot!  I volunteered to teach science for k-2 children, and I am having fun and learning much.  I was very nervous at first, but teaching in Primary at church and teaching my own children at home helped me prepare for this occasion.  This month and next month, we are learning about weather.  Last time we learned about clouds and they painted clouds using cotton balls.  It was very nice that Ben was able to come with us.  The boys get shy during P.E. so Ben was helping them feel comfortable.  He also helped me when I did the lesson, so it's great!  It makes such a difference when a man is present in class.  All the children seem to listen and participate better, at least for my class.  We are very excited to continue going there every week.


今年からホームスクールのグループに参加して、週一回皆であつまっています。うちの子供たちは体育と理科をほかのホームスクールしてる子供たちといっしょに学んでいます。まだ行き始めてちょっとですが、とても楽しいです。私は幼稚園ぐらいから1、2年生くらいまでのこどもたちのグループの理科の担当をしています。最初はとても緊張して、自分にできるのかしらと不安でしたが、毎週教会で子供たちの福音のクラスを教えてるのと、また家で自分の子供たちといっしょに学んでいる経験もプラスになってからか、わりとリラックスしてできました。今月と来月とで、”天気”についてみんなで学んでいます。今週は"雲”について勉強して、みんなで綿をつかって雲の絵を描きました。また今週はベンもいっしょに参加できたので大助かりでした。うちのこたちは、体育のときに恥ずかしがってあまりやろうとしないとこがあったので、ベンがいたのでちゃんとやってました。また私が授業をしているときも、ベンがいてくれたので前よりも皆よく聞いていて、参加しているような感じでした。やっぱり男の人が一人いるとちがうなあとおもいました。まあこんな感じで、楽しみに毎週いってます。

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Akari, the pictures and your stories are really great. Thank you for keeping up on the blog so we can share in your lives together. The coop school sounds like a really positive thing. Good job all of you. Love Grammy and Grandpa