Family
Happiness Is Together Forever
Friday, January 15, 2010
craving
I always crave for Asian food when I'm pregnant. Well, I guess I crave it even if I'm not.
Anyways, I told Ben that I wanted to eat Vietnamese fresh spring rolls the other day. He went and got the ingredients to make them at home for me! At first, I wasn't too excited to see them because I did not know how to make it. But Ben told me that he was planning on making them, so I felt better. I just could not believe that those hard rice paper would turn to very soft spring roll skin, until Ben demonstrated in front of me. We put bean thread noodles, bean sprouts, cilantro (a lot of them!), lettuce, cooked pork and shrimp. We dip them into plum sauce and peanut sauce and they tasted divine! Even our children loved them (without the cilantro) It's great to know how easy, cheaper and tasty to make it by ourselves. I made sure to put this on the next week's menu plan.
妊娠中は、というか妊娠中で無くともエスニックフードが食べたくなります。 ついこの間ベンに、ベトナムの生春巻きが食べたいなあとつぶやいていたのですが。すると、二日後くらいにベンがアジアンストアに行って材料を買ってきてくれていました。最初はそれをみてもぴんとこなかったのですが、ベンが作ってくれるといったので、やったあということで。でも、あのかたーいお米の紙みたいのがやわらかくてもっちりの生春巻きの皮に変わるのは、実際にこの目で見ないと信じられませんでした。そしてこの皮に春雨、もやし、三つ葉(かな?シラントロというハーブなのですが、これはにおいがすごいですが、たっぷりいれて)、レタス、それと豚肉とえびをいれて巻きました。そしてプラムソース、とピーナッツソースにつけていただきました!もう最高でした。子供たちもシラントロなしだったらいっぱい食べてました。でも、レストランに行かなくても家でこんなに簡単に、安く、美味しく食べれるとは。。。さっそく来週も食べられるようにとちゃんとメニューに書いときました。
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh, we want the recipes for those rolls and what kind of sauce do you dip them in?
Love your family photo! We're expecting our third this spring and are really excited! We will wait to be surprised about whether it will be a girl or a boy.
When is your big due date?
Post a Comment