To be honest, it has been tough since Ben started working in the evening. The kids are impossible in the afternoon-evening. I tried hard, but after all of them started to crying and fighting, I could not handle. I called Ben at work. Still, I could not get out of this pessimistic feeling that nothing will get better.
It was getting late and we still did not have dinner. Ben called me again to check on me. I told him that I did not what to do with dinner. I did not want to cook, but I also did not want to take kids and get food. I just told him that I wished that somebody would bring me something to eat. Ben just said, "well, somebody might..."
As soon as Ben said that, there was a knock on the door. It was the Pankaus! As soon as I saw them, I knew Ben had called them and ask them to come here. I was very happy then. The bad and sad feelings were gone. Right before Ben hang up, he said, "Have Fun!"
The Pankaus did a lot for me and kids tonight. Keyth went to get food and Tiffany did the Family Home Evening lesson. They also brought a game for the kids to play. They stayed until we put kids to bed. I was amazed how fast Keyth put the boys to bed. It usually takes me at least 30 minutes to do it, but he did it within 5 minutes! Even after this, the boys were having fun so I put them in separate room (more like separate places). They were all asleep within 30 min! It went rather quickly. We are going to try to separate the kids to see if it helps. Anyways, I am going to watch the movie that Tiffany brought . It's "The Nanny Diaries".
It was little embarrasing to show how incapable I am with my own kids, but it's good to ask for help from friends. And I needed help. The Pankaus, thanks again!
実を言うと、前にも書いたとおもいますが、夜ベンがいないと大変です。どーも子供たちは夕方になると疲れているせいか、手に負えません。今日も頑張ろうとしたけど、皆そろって泣き出したり、けんかしだすと、もうやりきれなくなってベンの仕事場に電話しました。ベンと話した後も、これから夜どうしようかなあと思い悩んでいました。
そんなことをしている間にもう夕食の時間になってしまい、それでも自分で作る元気が出なかったり、かといって買いにいく元気もないのでどーしようかなあとおもっているとまたベンが様子をみに電話してきてくれました。ベンには、ご飯どうしようかわからないなあ、だれかもってきてくれたらいいのになあと言いました。そしたらベンは、”もしかしたら誰かもってくるかもよ。。。”
とベンが言ったすぐあとに、ドアにノックの音が。なんと、(友達の)パンカウご家族でした!ベンが彼らに電話して、私たちの様子を見てくれるように頼んでくれていたのです。ベンはただ、”じゃあ、今夜はたのしんでね!”といって電話を切りました。最初はちょっと恥ずかしかったけど、でも今夜はどうやってのりきろうかとおもっていたところだったので、彼らをみると元気が沸いてきました。
それにしてもパンカウ家族はよくしてくださいました。お父さんのキースはご飯の買出しに、お母さんのティファニーはやりそこねてた、家庭の夕べのレッスンをしてくれました。皆で食べた後は彼らが持ってきてくれたボードゲームを子供たちは一緒に遊んでいました。そればかりでなく、子供たちをベッドに寝さすときまで一緒にいてくださいました。私はいつも最低30分はかかるのに、キースは5分で皆をねかせていたので、ただ、ただ、びっくりしてしまいました。それでも子供たちはそのあと遊んで楽しんでる様子だったので、みんな別々の場所に寝かせることにしました。そしたら30分もしたら皆寝入っていました。こうなったら最初から別々の部屋に寝かせることにするかな?そのほうが手っ取り早いかもしれないなあ。あと、今日はもう無理かもしれないけど、ティファニーがおいていってくれた映画をみるつもりです。 なにやら、とある女の人が、子守をすることになって大奮闘するお話みたいです。
はあ、でも自分の弱いところを友達にみせてしまうのは、ちょっと恥ずかしいような気がしますが、でも助けを求めるのは良いことだと思います。今日は楽しかったし。お互いに助け合うからこそよい関係ができるのだと思います。パンカウご家族、今日はどうもありがとうございましたー。
2 comments:
I know how you feel sometimes, and Blair doesn't even work nights so I can just imagine how hard it must be for you.
Call us if you ever need anything!
Thank youuu, Cyndi! Luckily, they all went to bed nice and easy tonight. I just need to remember that the Sun will rise after sunset.
Post a Comment