Family

Family
Happiness Is Together Forever

Monday, February 23, 2009

potty time! (トイレトレーニング)


Today, well, tonight, Samuel went to pee pee in the potty for the very first time!!!
Right before going to bed, Benjamin went to the toilet and Samuel followed him as usual. To my surprise, he did go pee! It was at most a tea spoon full, but still, this was such an accomplishment for Samuel. I got very excited and praised him overly. Then, Samuel too was excited and told me that he wanted to go pee pee again. Wanting him to go to bed and thinking that he's not going to pee, I told him I was not sure about it.

Well, he did go again soon after. Pretty good amount, this time! I called Ben at work and told him and we were all very excited. Then, Samuel too was excited and told me that he wanted to go to poo poo next. Since it was their past bed time, I let him sit on the toilet for about 10 minutes and told him to try again tomorrow. It was very hard for me to pull Samuel down from the toilet!

While I was helping Samuel, other boys went crazy and having fun wrestling, etc. I tried to separate them and other things, but they did not go to bed until 9:30! (I put them to bed at 7:30!) It was another hard night, but Samuel going to toilet was very exciting!

今日、(今夜)、初めてサミュエルがトイレでおしっこをすることができました!!! いままで本当に興味なさそうだったのに、ついに!ベンジャミンが寝る前にトイレに行くのに後を付いていって、しばらくトイレにいると、できました!まあ、小さじ一杯分もないくらいの量ではありましたが、サミュエルにとっては大きい第一歩でした。こっちもすごくうれしくてべた褒めすると、サミュエルもにこにこにこにこ。そして、またおしっこにいきたいと言い出しました。私としては早く寝てほしいし、さっき行ったばかりだから無理だろうとおもってはいましたが、また行かせました。

しばらくすると、出ました!今度はさっきよりももっと。またうれしくなって、ベンの仕事場にも電話して皆でよろこんでいると、今度はサミュエル、”うんち”をやってみると言い出しました。 しかたがないので、10分くらいはトイレに座らせました。でもやっぱり出なかったので、また明日がんばろうね、今日はもう寝ようねといったのですが。なかなかトイレから離れようとしませんでした。

サミュエルにつきっきりでいると、他の子供たちがレスリングしだしたり、かなり楽しんでいました。まったく、寝る時間だというのに。。。 それから皆別々の場所に寝かしたりいろいろ試みましたが、皆がねたのは予定よりも2時間遅く、9時半でした。。。 今夜も寝かしつけるのは大変だったけど、サミュエルがトイレにいけたのは、
うれしい出来事でした!

No comments: