Today, I went to the Y to work out for the first time. It has been a decade since I exercised regularly. Both Ben and I were talking about working out and we finally signed up for Family Y. It's so nice that they have free child-care while we work out! They also have a gymnastics room and pool, open on certain days. We are very excited about going to Y.
When I dropped my boys at child-care, Samuel was mad. He would not let me go. I don't know what's up with him. He has hard time going to nursery at church, too. (that's part of why I am currently assigned to nursery...) He screamed and threw a fit, but I finally left. I REALLY did NOT want to stay there the whole time. The nursery at Y had a good amount of toys and a TV, so I thought Samuel was okay.
I was very excited to work out finally! I started with just walking at first. When my body finally warmed up, I tried to run for a while. Well, almost. I didn't last for 2 minutes. That was too much for me on my first day working out. So I decided to just walk for now.
I exercised for one hour and I felt very well.
When I picked the boys up, guess what the boys were doing? Of course, my couch potatoes were watching TV! All three of them sitting together! I guess Samuel did just fine right after I left him, so that was good to know. Caleb was in a different room. He looked uneasy when I saw him. The room was small and there's just another baby. It must have been too quiet and lonely for Caleb, away from his brothers. When he saw me, he burst into tears. It is going to be very hard for me to drop Caleb off next time-.
By the way, the pictures that I posted are of course not about Y. I just wanted to show you what kind of exercise my kids are getting. They get plenty of it usually. The boy that's standing on Ben is Benjamin, by the way. Boys like playing catch balls, too.
今日10年ぶりくらいにジムに行って運動してきました! ファミリーYというところなのですが、毎月メンバーシップ料金をはらうと、運動するときに子供たちをみてくれたりするのです! ほかにも、体操ができるとこや、プールがあって、週末とかには家族でいって使わせてもらったりできます。 もう、ずうっとまえから、運動はしとかないとなあとおもっていたので、うれしい限りです!そういえば日本にもYMCAとかあるけど、それと同じなのかな?よくわからんー。
早速こどもたちを預けに行ったら、サミュエルが大泣きしてしまいましたー。(最近、サミュエルは親から離れるのにとっても抵抗がある) 15分くらいはそこにいてなだめようとしたけど、こっちもそのためにきた訳ではなかったので思い切って預けてきました。おもちゃもいっぱいあるし、テレビもあるから大丈夫だろうとおもって。
今日は久しぶりだったのでまずはウオーキングから始めました。だんだん体が温まったのでちょっと走ってみることに!でも2分ぐらいでギブアップ。やっぱりまだ駄目です。ブランクが。。。でも歩くだけでも気持ちよくて、一時間ぐらいずっと歩いてました。
迎えに行ってみると、子供たちは予想どおり、テレビに釘付けになっておりました。3にん、一緒に座って。サミュエルも、私が出てしばらくするとすぐ泣き止んだみたい。 ケイラブは別の部屋に一人でみてもらってたのだけど、やっぱり心細そうでした。お兄ちゃんたちがいないと、静かすぎるんだろうなあ。
私たちを見たとたん泣き出してしまいましたー。ちょっとかわいそうだったね。
ところで写真はYでのではなく、家でこどもたちがどんな運動をしているか、の写真です。ベンジャミンはバランスがいいです。ベンジャミンも、ダニエルも、最近はキャッチボールするのが大好きです。
2 comments:
I am jealous!! I want a work out!! Glad that you got out you are gonna love it! Keep it up and you body is gonna love you!!
are you coming too, Tiffany?
Post a Comment