Family

Family
Happiness Is Together Forever

Sunday, May 31, 2009

last week



It has been already a week since I posted last time. It was such a crazy week.
As far as school time goes, we were going slow. It's hard to bet motivated when everybody else is enjoying summer. I tried to do something fun. Like this, shooting up a rocket. The boys really liked this experiment. We used baking soda and vinegar, but Benjamin wanted to experiment with soapy water. Of course it did not work, but it's fun to try things out.

By the way, on Wednesday, we checked out a local homeschooling group's activity for the first time. They were doing track and field that day, and it seemed like a lot of fun. I even met a mom that home schools 4 boys. I got more motivated after talking to other families that home school.

最後の日記からもう一週間。今週も大変でした。(汗)
おうちでの勉強も、ちょっとのんびりでした。今学校はおわって皆夏休みを楽しんでるので、こっちもなんとなくリラックスしています。なにか楽しいことはないかなとおもって、このようなロケットの実験をしたりしました。子供たちはとっても気に入って、何度も打ち上げました。このロケットは、ベーキングソーダとお酢で飛ばすのですが、ベンジャミンは石鹸水のあわぶくぶくで試してみたいといったので、それもやってみました。もちろん打ち上げれなかったけど、いろいろ試してみるのがいいとおもいました。

話は変って、水曜日には、オーガスタでホームスクール(子供を学校に通わす代わりに家庭で親が教えるというもの)のグループの集まりがあるのを聞いていってみました。ちょうどその日は皆で運動会をやっていました。とっても楽しそうでした。なかには、4人の男の子を家で教えているお母さんもいらっしゃいました。ほかのホームスクールしているご家族といろいろ話ができて、またがんばろうって元気をいっぱいもらいました。

2 comments:

Tiffany -- the mommy said...

I am so glad!!! once you get that connection and group of people it might get easier to homeschool!

US said...

that's what we are hoping! It's fun but a lot of work to homeschool. That's for sure.