Family

Family
Happiness Is Together Forever

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Mud Run

On Saturday, Ben and Benjamin participated in Marine Mud Challenge!
Benjamin was old enough to do the kids run- one mile muddy obstacle course! Ben's was 4.5 miles course. It was a lot of fun and mud!
The kids started first. Ben ran with Benjamin. As I was watching them running, Ben stopped running right after the first obstacle (which was to crawl under the big net over the muddy puddle). He was helping little kids going through by lifting the net up. He also saw a little boy that got lost from his brothers and told his mom that he's going to run with the boy! Before that happened, I was only thinking about Benjamin winning. But I realized that Ben was teaching Benjamin a greater lesson by his example. A race isn't all about winning, but helping each other along the way, and finishing together!!! It's kind of like our life on earth.

Ben was lucky to go with three other men from church. Those brothers, according to Ben, "totally wasted me!" They were really fast runners! It was hard for Ben to catch up to these guys, but they still had fun. Because they wanted to go to the mud pool again and we wanted to take pictures of them going in the mud, we decided to go to the mud pool. So, these pictures, weren't from the actual race. But we get to see what it was like. I almost thought about doing this next year, but I don't care for mud and I don't know if any ladies are interested...

土曜日に、マッド チャレンジに行きました。ベンジャミンは5歳だったので子供コース、だいたい1.7キロの泥まみれの障害物競走です。ベンの参加した大人のコースは同じ様な感じで、もっと難しく、5キロぐらいのコースです。すっごい汚くなります!
最初に子供たちからでした。ベンはベンジャミンと一緒に走りました。スタートを切って、最初の障害物(ネットの下の泥沼を這ってくぐる)を通過したとたんいきなりベンが止まってしまいました!なんでだ?と思ってみていると、まだ下を這っている子供たちのためにネットを持ち上げて上げていました。そして、そのすぐあとに、お兄ちゃんたちからはぐれてしまったベンジャミンと同い年ぐらいの男の子を見かけたベンは、その子のお母さんに一緒に行くからと伝え、その男の子も一緒にはしっていました。それを見る前に私はベンジャミンが勝つことばかり考えていましたが、ベンはそれよりももっと良い教訓をベンジャミンに模範で教えていたことに気づきました!レースは勝ち負けじゃない、むしろその経過でお互いに助け合うこと、そして共にゴールすることに意味があるんだなと思いました。人生も似たようだと思いました。

ベンは、教会の友人たちとチームを組んでレースに挑みました。このご友人たち、ベンいわく、”ぶちまかされた!” とっても足の速い者ぞろいでした。ベンは皆に着いていくのが大変だったみたいです。でも、もちろん楽しかったみたいで、皆もう一度やりたいと言い出しました。待っていた私たちも、写真がとりたかったので、その泥水のプールのあるところに行くことにしました。なので、この泥水の場面の写真は実際のレースではなく、終わってからまた行ったときの写真です。でもまあ、レースはこんな感じなんだとわかっていただけたのではないでしょうか?みていると、こっちも来年やってみるかなとか思いましたが、泥はあまり好きじゃないし、あと、チームメイトに恵まれるかちょっと不安です。




While Ben was doing the race, we were waiting out in the field. The three big brothers got really muddy and dirty! (who would thought that!) The fire truck was giving us showers, so the ground was nice and wet. Look at Benjamin's shirt! He was wearing a white shirt, and came out with a tan shirt!

ベンがレースをしている間、わたしたちはフィールドで待っていました。消防車が、レースで汚れた人たちのためにシャワーの水を出してくれていたおかげで、地面が良くぬれていました。もちろん、こんなチャンスをうちの子たちが見逃すはずはなく、すぐに泥んこになって遊んでいました。ベンジャミンは最初白いTシャツをきていましたが、レースが終わると茶色に染まっていました。

No comments: